Maintaining your asphalt paving in Calgary
Maintaining and protecting your driveway is important for protecting materials such as asphalt paving in Calgary or concrete and always ensuring pleasing aesthetics. Driveway maintenance is also necessary for avoiding accidents, slipping, and other issues. However, taking care of the driveway is not easy during the winter months when snow, ice, and other kinds of hazards may affect your driveway.
Here are some tips and methods to help you protect your driveways during the winter months and to maintain them for the best efficiency.
Tips for Maintaining the Driveways During the Winter Months
Below are some important tips and methods that can help you maintain your drivers in optimal conditions even during the months of winter.
- You can relocate all the shrubs or trees with roots. It will ensure that the asphalt or concrete driveways are not damaged by the roots of the trees.
- You need to create some space for drain-offs, including snow. For that, you must edge the driveway sides. You must remove the sods up to 3 inches of blacktops/cement.
- You must also waterproof or seal your driveways regularly. Professional services for asphalt paving in Calgary can also help you maintain and seal your driveways.
- Any of the gutters or the sewer line should not be draining into the driveways.
- If you were removing this snow from your driveways yourself, ensure that the plow blade of the machine is not low, as it can damage the asphalt or cement of the driveway.
- Do not park heavy equipment or heavy vehicles in the driveway when they cannot handle the highway.
- All the ice and snow should be removed as soon as possible from the driveways. If the snow or ice remains on the driveways for prolonged periods, it can cause cracks in the driveways due to thawing and freezing.
- You can add more traction to your driveways by putting some sand or litter. These materials do not harm the driveway materials such as concrete and do not harm the vegetation as well.
Don'ts of Driveway Maintenance
When taking care of your driveways, it is important that you avoid using certain methods.
- Do not use the chemicals for de-icing and for removing this snow in the driveways. These chemicals can damage the concrete and cement surfaces when they penetrate inside them.
- Rock salt should also be avoided as it can damage the driveways. Rock salt can corrode any metal used in the driveway and can also destroy the vegetation underneath.
Hiring the Professional Services
When in need (for instance, when you lack expertise, resources, and/or equipment), you can hire professional services to maintain your asphalt paving in Calgary. The services have the latest resources, equipment, and experience to clean and maintain your driveway in all months and in winter months as well. You can also compare the cost of a few businesses to choose the most affordable option. You can buy more affordable long-term plans to take care of your driveways regularly during the winter months.
Driveways require maintenance and regular cleaning, especially during the months of winter. Driveways made of materials (including asphalt) should be kept clean, sealed, and patched. You can use the above-given tips to ensure the safety and productiveness of your driveways in all the months.
Economy paving is your 6-time Consumer Choice award-winning team for paving in Calgary and Southern Alberta! With more than 30 years of experience and skill, we have served municipal, commercial, and residential clients, including the City of Calgary, Rockyview County, Calgary Police Services, and many more. Our mission is to deliver high-quality workmanship, honest and transparent customer relations, and cost-effective services that guarantee results. As Southern Alberta's top paving contractors, we can help with driveway sealing, asphalt repairs, asphalt crack filling, excavation services and more across Central, Southern and Rural Alberta. Hire the best asphalt paving company in the province, and give us a call today!